Max Sandt's 1888 patent.

Max Sandt 1888.

In partnership with Cologne-based merchant Carl Waldecker, this Sandt design was patented in 1888. Intended as a true miniature, not a toy, this table clamp model exhibits all the classic features of European design occurring within the genre at that time.
A hand-driven wedge shaped cam "b" acts upon the two levers "c" & "d", which in turn power the needle bar and thread take-up, shuttle motion and feed. The shuttle itself is of tiny Moldacot proportions, with a release feature similar to that used on many Moldacot machines.

© All content copyright protected.